Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Quick Veggie Sandwich

Sandwiches are some of the easiest lunches to put together. With a good, hearty bread on hand,, there's nothing to not like about a sandwich. To me, a good sandwich is one that doesn't get soggy in the lunch box. I've found that a layer of thick dips like hummus/guacamole usually keeps the liquid from the vegetables from seeping into the bread and making it soggy. This sandwich is one that I often pack for myself on week days to work. This is a highly adaptable recipe, and you can use any choice of fillings as per your taste.
















What you need:
Bread (I love tomato basil bread and that's what I've used)
Guacamole
Vegetables (I've used, red onions, tomatoes and cucumber) -sliced into thin rounds
Grated cheese (I've used white cheddar)

Spread a thick layer of guacamole on one slice of bread. Top it with vegetables and grated cheese. Close with another slice of bread and if you like, slice it into half.


A week day lunch cannot get simpler than that, can it?

This is my first entry for Week 2 of Blogging Marathon #77, under the theme Healthy Weekday lunches.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

7 comments:

Srivalli said...

I love sandwich for any time..this one looks so inviting too with that thick bread slice!

Sharmila kingsly said...

Indeed a quick fix breakfast for a busy day!! lovely share..

Mayuri Patel said...

I love a good sandwich any day for lunch as long as the bread is nice. Yummy sandwich Jayashree.

Chef Mireille said...

anything with cheese and I;m sold though I dont each avoacados

Priya Suresh said...

Just prefect to fill some hungry tummies easily, lovely sandwich.

Archana said...

Just my kind of sandwich. love it.

Pavani said...

That is a such a easy to make, yet so filling and delicious sandwich.