Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Microwave chocolate cake for MEC-Celebrating bloggers

Ever since I saw this eggless chocolate cake on Sowmya's blog,it has been on my must-make list. Finally, MEC-Celebrating bloggers which is being hosted here this month gave me just the nudge that I needed to get into baking mode. I made a few minor changes to Sowmya's recipe. The cake is moist, soft and really,really good. It fills the house with the wonderful aroma of warm cinnamon and oh...... did I tell you just how easy and quick it is to make????

What you need:
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Dried fruits and nuts - 1 cup (I used almond,cashew,raisins,and candied fruits)
Milk - 1.5 cups
Overripe bananas - 2
Cocoa powder - 3 heaped tsps
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Chopped walnuts - a handful

Soak the dry fruits and nuts in hot milk for 30 minutes. Grind this in a blender till smooth. Add the bananas, oil and sugar and blend again.
Transfer this mixture to a large bowl. Add baking powder and cocoa. Mix well. Add the flour little by little and beat until well mixed. Mix in the chopped walnuts.
Pour this into a greased microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Timing will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. So keep checking to make sure it doesn't get burned.
Let it rest for a minute in the microwave. Let it cool completely. Ease it out of the bowl, slice and dig in!!!

Reminder : Do send in you entries for MEC-Celebrating bloggers before the 31st of this month.

This is my entry to MEC-Celebrating bloggers, an event started by Srivalli and hosted by me this month.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

i made this cake 2 years back and now looking at yours, I want to make it again...thanks for trying it out..
My entries for the event are on the way...

SathyaSridhar said...

Wooow,,cake looks so delicious with beautiful tempting presentation.Making cake in microwave seems simple and easy, sure will try this for me.thanks for sharing dear,,take care n keep on smiling.

jayasree said...

I love MW cakes for the matter that it gets done in under 10 minutes. Fruit and nut choco cake is interesting

Unknown said...

The cake looks very delectable...wish I culd grab a bite of this one!

sra said...

Looks really nice and moist. I will make this but what do I make for the event ...?

Veggie Hut said...

REALLY...thats too good..such a time saver..no compromise on taste..and eggless.. wow.. i couldn ask for more.. bookmarking it..

lata raja said...

Just posted one. shall mail you.The cake looks rich...am trying it out at the earliest.

Srivalli said...

Looks great Jay!..

Deepa G Joshi said...

the cake looks so moist and perfect..yummy.

www.foodlyrics.com

Priya Suresh said...

Cake looks superb delicious...

Unknown said...

The cake looks very yummy and simple .Shall try it soon.

sra said...

Jayashree, I made this just now - the batter tasted better than the final outcome but that was good too - it was more puddingy than cakey. And I had the curious sensation that the sugar had settled in one layer (upper or lower) because only a part of the cake tasted sweet. In any case, it was only mildly sweet. And nowhere as good looking as that hunk you've got there! Guess I should have used the electric mixer to beat it, was too lazy to wash it and set it up at 11 in the night! Used an ordinary ladle, not even a fork. Thanks for the recipe!

Hema said...

Just what I was looking for. I must remember to write back to you once I finish trying this:)